My 6th Birthday Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Isla's First Birthday Countdown

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

First day of CNY today! Gong Hei Fatt Choy!

Per tradition and chinese beliefs, we wore new clothes, in pink / red for good luck!

Do you like my new cheongsam?



Since we didn't have any open houses to visit, we headed to Ocean Park instead!

The park was fully decorated in red, the auspicious colour for Chinese New Year.

We took a picture with the "choy san" - God of Prosperity, and received a "lai see" - red packet in return :)

Then, when we headed home, just in time to watch the lion dance performance in our building!

Collected another red packet from another Choy san walking around :)))


Err.. look at my tongue (just ate chocolate which was in the red packet)

The lion dance troupe were really nice, they let the kids take turns wearing the "lion" but I was too scared to try!


Look, 2 lions!


The lion did all sorts of acrobats, pretty cool for my first lion dance experience!

Finished off with some new year greeting written on a long scroll!


Ahhh, puting my feet up after a long day out, with some new additions to my toy collection!
Mummy won me a "choy san" monkey and bunny at Ocean Park, yippie :)


Happy New Year again! We're off to watch Yogi Bear tomorow ;)
Have a good celebration everyone!!!

1 comment:

louiseho said...

You look so sweet and elegant in your pink cheongsam. Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and mummy and daddy too! It is nice to see that you had a wonderful day.