My 6th Birthday Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Isla's First Birthday Countdown

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My Fine Dining Experience

Hai everyone! Sorry for the late post. Been busy during the Easter break. Back now!

As far as I can remember, I don't think mummy and daddy's actually been brave enough to take me out for dinner to a fine dining restaurant, either because I'm usually sleepy around dinner time or they're too afraid that I may "cause a scene".

I must admit, I do get fidgety quite easily, and have a tendency to grab everything and anything that is within my reach on the table.

So, when Ah Mah, Kong Kong and Aunty Peg Jee came to visit, mummy decided to brave it, and go for some nice food + early dinner @ Cafe Sydney.

Cafe Sydney is located inside the Customs House on Alfred Street, which is quite a unique place.

They've got a miniature replica of Sydney city under this floor that we're standing on!

The restaurant is on the top (5th) floor...
Despite feeling unwell, mummy still enjoyed herself thoroughly! Surprisingly, Cafe Sydney is a very baby-friendly establishment. They've got high chairs and colouring activities to keep the little ones (ie ME!) happy! Great staff as well, very attentive to our every need :)
The view from the restaurant was spectacular. Couldn't see the Opera House, but great view of the Harbour Bridge! Managed to catch the sunset, thanks to the early dinner timing slot!

Bridge pre-Sunset:



Bridge post-Sunset. The picture turned out quite awesome using the "low light" function on mummy's new camera (Canon S90)

After dinner, we took a walk around Circular Quay to snap some pictures with the Opera House.



All in all, a great night! Oh, there's some pictures of the food, if you're interested...
Aunty Peg Jee had some prawn dish with gnocchi:


Mummy had the Jewfish dish:

Daddy and Kong Kong had the twice roasted pork belly with some poached pear thing:

And Ah Mah had the tenderloin:
We also had a variety of appetizers, but the pictures doesn't really do the food justice, so I won't post it here!
More posts to follow on our Hunter Valley weekend away, stay tuned!

No comments: