My 6th Birthday Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Isla's First Birthday Countdown

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 1, 2010

Second week in Hong Kong... Sick, sick and sick!

Well, looks like the air pollution , humidity, change in weather, stress from toilet training etc etc finally got the better of me!

I came down with a fever, cough and flu last Saturday, and the fever keeps recurring every 2-3 days!

Have gone to the nearby GP but Doctor doesn't seem too concerned. Mummy almost had a heart attack when she saw the cost of a doctor's consultation here.. $400! And another $400 for medicine!!! And another $400 for a follow up visit!!!! #$%#$^! (Luckily it's covered by Daddy's medical LOL, shouldn't have taken good old Medicare for granted in Sydney).

Anyway, I'm still sick, it's been a week, and I'm still coughing really badly. Last night I was coughing for a good half hour non-stop! I don't think the medicine is working at all, everytime I take it I get a bad nose bleed. So mummy's gonna revert to some good old fashioned medication - honey, lemon and barley... Hope it works!

Unfortunately, daddy has fallen prey to my germs. He too, fell sick on Monday and is still sick now! He's been on medical leave this whole week! Luckily *touch wood* mummy is fine and is able to take care of all of us.

Also, our new Helper has joined the family! Her name is Noeme (pronounced like do-re-mi) and she has also been taking really good care of me. Will post up a pic of her soon.

HOPE I GET WELL BY THIS WEEKEND. Otherwise I can't start school next Monday!
It's a public holiday in Hong Kong today to commemorate China's National Day, and it's also the start of China's Golden Week holidays.

P/S - Any good recipe suggestions for a flu, grandmas? Mummy have been making chicken soup and porridge, not sure what else I should be eating!?!?

1 comment:

louiseho said...

I guess mummy is on the right track. Drink lots of fluids and perhaps chew some vitamin C. I used to give your daddy Scotts Emulsion to keep the flu at bay, the orange-flavoured one, and surprisingly he loved it. Hope you and daddy get well soon. Hugs and kisses.