My 6th Birthday Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Isla's First Birthday Countdown

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Week 2.5 in Hong Kong

Last weekend, we were all feeling slightly better, so we took a walk around the hotel compound to check out the Parkview owner's private collection of treasures from around the world.
These precious items are displayed on various floors of the hotel, for guests to enjoy.

Hey look, a Picasso! And a Salvador Dali (our favourite art piece!)
Claude Monet - Chervin Creux, Pourville

Vincent Van Gogh - Girl in the Woods, 1882


Wine collection...


Chinese thingy...


Some weird sculpture that looks like mummy... LOL!

Then, on Monday... It was time to get ready for my BIG DAY - Going to school for the VERY FIRST TIME!
Here I am, in my uniform, all ready to rock!
N.B. Actually I was feeling rather nervous inside... but trying to keep up a brave face!

Hmm.. Side view of my school bag!


With mummy just before leaving the house!

Oh wait, forgot something!



Ahh, we have arrived (by the way, the school is within walking distance, takes 1 minute to get there hehehe)



The school checks for fever every morning and squirts disinfectant all over our hands each day! Talk about being paranoid!

Here's my class... Can you spot me!?!?
There are 24 kids in my class, and daddy cleverly noticed there are only 6 girls! Weird huh!


There's also Doug the Hamster in my class - Hi Doug!

So, here's the outcome.
I sobbed the whole 3 hours I was there on the first day.
On the second day, I cried when mummy dropped me off, but only for a few minutes and then I was (apparently) very good the rest of the time!
Will see how I go on the third day... hopefully it'll get easier as time goes by :)
Also, weather is finally getting a little cooler, 25 degrees today.
Still waiting for our furniture to arrive so we can move into our new home!!!!

1 comment:

calfLin said...

eva looks like a big girl already!!!