My 6th Birthday Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Isla's First Birthday Countdown

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My first roadtrip!

Took a nice drive to Canberra last Saturday for the annual Floriade festival (tulips!)
Canberra is supposedly 3 hours away.... but we took 4 hours to get there?!?!!?
My fault I think, we had to stop at the rest stop so that I could have my FOOD!!! nyam nyam. Here we are, at some Outback Cafe... Hehehehe...
Mm... Pumpkin with sweetcorn!
Yay, 4 hours later we managed to check in at the Medina Canberra! It's located about 5mins from the Parliament house. Very convenient! There's nice gardens at the front, but daddy overexposed the shot! I look rather "long" in this pic! Must be the angle! Oh, by the way, I'm almost 10 kgs dy! HAHAHA!
Here's a picture of the master bedroom. I slept here, with grandma. It was quite nice :)
Then, it was on to the Floriade! Here I am.. getting all distracted by the sights!
A nice bed of purple tulips!
This is me, hiding in my stroller coz it was very sunny! And quite windy!
This is mummy, trying to shield her face. Can see daddy's shadow taking the pic!
Oh, along the way, we saw a gnome painting competition. Quite artistic! Got all sorts of gnomes!
This is grandma, with the nice yellow buttercup tulips! Look like postcard hor!
And this is daddy with grandma, by the lake... Actually I was asleep already by now.
Oh, here's a pic of me.. looking down at the camera. We tried to do a self-shot. Can see my big tunmy!
More tulips...
The next day, we took a visit to the Parliament house... This is the House of Representatives.

This is mummy, on the rooftop of the Parliament house. Nice view of Canberra!!!
This is daddy, posing with the large flagpole! The flag is apparently the size of the side of a double decker bus!
Here we are, at some cafe in Manuka... I'm trying to give daddy a "loving" look!
And this is us, checking out of the apartment!

IT was fun, but tiring :)

No comments: