My 6th Birthday Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Isla's First Birthday Countdown

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Beating the Winter Blues

As you know, I haven't been well the past 2 weeks!

The good news is, I'm much better! No more fever and cough, only a little bit of runny nose.

I think it helps that I'm in family day care and not a child care centre, as I do get better care there and there are less kids so less chances of getting new germs!

This winter has been really cold so far!
Last week was recorded as being the coldest Sydney June day in the last 27 years!!!!

So, we decided to lose the winter blues by hitting the ice! - Skating rink that is :)

Here I am, getting ready to leave the house... gloves - check, scarf - check, big smile / grimace - check!

As part of the winter festival, there is a temporary ice staking rink in the City, right outside St Mary's Cathedral...

Which provides a stunning backdrop!

I wanted to try my hand (or legs?) at ice skating but mummy was too chicken to go with me, so we just stood by the sidelines and watched the people go round and round hehe.

We also went for nice dinner at Sugaroom in Pyrmont last night just for fun (and also to start reaping the benefits of the Entertainment Card's "Buy 1 free 1 main meal voucher").. check out the beautiful water view outside!!



Mummy had veal

Daddy had pork confit

and we all shared a bowl of fries and some chocolate dessert!


Yum yum :P~


Today, we were wandering around the city and ended up having lunch at Mamak!
Another yummy meal.

Daddy had Nasi Lemak (apparently it's Malaysia's national dish ??? or so it says on their menu) with curry chicken and sambal sotong.
He dug in so fast, couldn't even take a photo in time!!!

Mummy had Maggi mee goreng
Daddy and Mummy shared some satay

and I had a Roti Pisang with ice cream!!! Again, couldn't take a nice photo!
So full after that!!! Had to roll ourselves into the car and back home for an afternoon nap!
Looks like eating is the best way to beat the winter blues!
Hopefully we don't become roly polys over the next 2 months!!!

No comments: